Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weekly Menu & North Carolina


We're baaaack...from a wonderful wedding weekend in North Carolina celebrating Brandon & Miranda!  We drove through lush green countryside and mountains on the way to Asheville - what a treat!  Andrew was a groomsman in the wedding, as he was roommates and friends with Brandon at UT (note the Tennessee orange tie that Andrew's wearing).  Brandon was also a groomsman in our wedding!  Tis the season for weddings.  We have 2 more to attend this year!


Firstly, after a weekend of gluttony (re: made to order crab cakes & baked brie at the reception - YUM) I am ready to start healthy eating again!  Secondly, I rediscovered TONS of recipes from Real Simple & Cooking Light magazines that I have saved over the years (my mom would be proud).  I went through them and ripped out all the pages of recipes that I will actually cook (my mom would NOT be proud) and put them in a lil' binder for easy access.

Here's what we're eating this week...

CM Goat Cheese Ravioli with a Tomato, Spinach, Artichoke Sauce (that I whipped up!)

Summer Vegetable Frittata (Cooking Light June 2010)

Open Face Caprese Sandwiches

Baked Cod, Broccoli, and Vinaigrette Quinoa

Dijon Salmon Cake with Couscous (Real Simple August 2010)

Taco Salad! (Andrew requested I make these because it was a frequent meal growing up in the Wooster house)

No comments:

Post a Comment