Thursday, March 28, 2013

Baby's Nursery

When deciding on a nursery theme for our baby, we had to go neutral because we did not find out if we were having a boy or a girl.  I love the way the nursery turned out.  Because I found some "dog" printed fabric and "Doggie" was my childhood stuffed animal (seen resting on the bed), the nursery took on a slight "doggie" theme!  The colors are bright orange (Tennessee represent), yellow/"old gold" (Iowa represent), and green (Austin-y!) with a neutral gray walls.  I feel like it's relaxing yet cheery.

Before - chair rail removed, light blue and dark blue paint.  This room served as a nursery for a baby boy for the previous home owners




Elijah's Nursery

An Overview - we wanted to keep this room as a guest room too, so the trundle bed stayed.  I simply placed fabric in the embroidery hoops over the bed.  I made the pillow cases on the bed.  Note the baby half swaddled.  This is the only way to take pictures - in the liveable moment

changing table and dresser - the dresser is a CraigsList find.  I painted it white and added these adorable hand painted knobs found on Etsy.  We also have knobs on the closet door, though I didn't get a good picture of them. 
LOVE these dog butt hooks from IKEA

After the first night of changing diapers in Elijah's room, both Andrew and Elijah did not enjoy the bright overhead light illuminating the room and burning their retinas in the darkness of the night.  Andrew went to IKEA the next day and found this great lantern to give the perfect soft glow for those special diaper changing times.  The framed owl is a gift tag from Baby Gap, I believe.  
Nursing Nook - shelves from IKEA.  My mom made the slip covers for the rocking chair (she is very talented!).  Andrew made the little table out of a plant stand (CraigsList find) and piece of painted plywood.  Great Aunt Martha made the sweet yellow blanket.  We enjoy many hours of rocking to sleep and nursing in this comfy chair. (closet doors as seen in the "Before" are to the right of the chair)

Gift from Auntie Beth - Story People hail from Decorah, Iowa.  The lovely quote states "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we know we could not wait to love you forever."

Grandma Brown adds her loving touch with a quilted piece

Crib from IKEA - I know, I know there shouldn't be animals in the crib for risk of SIDS.  Elijah doesn't sleep here yet.  I made the crib skirt!



No comments:

Post a Comment