Monday, June 11, 2012

Better Appetite, More Cooking!

I certainly haven't been cooking as much as I want to the past couple of months.  With a combination of triathlon training and feeling nauseous/having food aversions, I guess cooking hasn't been as fun :(  Well, I'm not exercising as much anymore and pregnancy hormones at bay are allowing for even the richest foods to be more palatable! 

I threw some things together this weekend, that I intend make again...

Homemade Peanut Butter - I have made this previously and did not turn out so good.  Last time I added oil, this time NO oil!  I just put about 1.5 cups of dry roasted peanuts in my food processor and LET HER RIP for about 3 minutes.  When I walked away I there were peanut crumbs, when I came back to check on it, PEANUT BUTTER!  It's pretty smooth and tastes just like the fresh peanut butter I get at the grocery.  I usually go through a jar of peanut butter a week so hopefully I'll keep making this.


Energy Balls - I've been meaning to make these little gems for awhile.  Finally.  They taste pretty much like a granola bar and I'll label them as 'healthy,' despite lots o' sugar.  Found the recipe on Pinterest.  Very easy to whip together - used homemade peanut butter ;)

Homemade bread - Andrew bought me the cookbook Make the Bread, Buy the Butter for my birthday this year.  The author breaks down each recipe by cost & "hassel" factor if one ought to make or buy the food.  "Everyday Bread" is the first recipe in the book - "Can you stir?  You can make this bread."  The first time I made it I think I overcooked it and it came out a little too crusty & hard.  The second time I made it I upped the yeast from 1 tsp to 1.5 tsp which made it more fluffy and I didn't overcook it!  Too bad you can't smell-o-vision homemade bread or else I'd post that too ;)



Here's to a better appetite to fuel more cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment