Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekly Menu

Last week I learned that if you cook for 4 people when only 2 people eat a meal - you have lots of leftovers.  Also lots of leftovers after the delicious Easter feast, means that Becky didn't cook as much as she thought she would!  That's OK - I've been busy at work.


I made my best pizza ever yet last week - Pear, carmelized onion, gorgonzola & walnut - mmm, mmm! Andrew made classic pepperoni & mushroom with carmelized onions. 



On tap this week...

Ham, Broccoli, & Cheese Calzones (www.goodlifeeats.com)

Migas & Black Beans

Herbed Chicken & Artichoke (from our new CrockPot!) and Polenta

Carmelized Salmon (from Central Market, thanks Court!) and Fresh Herb Rice

Make Your Own Hamburgers/Veggieburgers and Sweet Potato Fries

Leftovers

3 comments:

  1. I want your pizza recipe. That sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you receive when I make a comment? The pizza crust wasn't that good, just searched it on the internet. For the pizza I carmelized onions (chop onions, sautee over low/med heat in 1-2T butter for 15-20 min). I added the pears for like the last 3 minutes. Then I layered drizzled EVOO on the crust-added pears, onions, walnuts and lastly blue cheese. Cooked at 450 or 500 and viola!

    ReplyDelete