Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bring Back the Drought!

Remember that time that the 1/2 marathon that I had been training for since June got cancelled without a refund or make-up date?  I DO!  So did my sweet hubby. 

Get this:  Andrew was so thoughtful that he planned out a "replacement race" for my running-group of girls and I so that we would get our fun & run (AND most importantly chocolate and champagne at the finish line).  Since the 1/2 marathon was cancelled due to rain, he appropriately named the race "Bring Back the Drought 5K" (we did 5K so all the girls who were running 1/2 & 5K could participate). 


We had a blast running the trails of Wells Branch and I shaved 1:15 off of my pace.  I even finished in 3rd place! (out of 3 people :P).  And we proudly enjoyed our well deserved chocolate & champagne after the race.


I even got a medal!



1 comment: